About DeNeuville Learning Center
The purpose of the DeNeuville Learning Center is to guide women from all backgrounds and cultures in learning the skills needed to make positive choices for themselves and their families. It is accomplished through education, counseling, and promoting ways to enhance one's self worth and dignity.
DeNeuville offers classes in computer Studies, GED Preparation, English as a Second Language, Job Readiness and search assistance, Money Management, Citizenship Test Preparation classes, parenting, Anger Management classes and arts and crafts such as sewing and Cake Decorating. In addition, DeNeuville also provides counseling services and assists women with babysitting, and emergency needs.
The DeNeuville Learning Center Staff (seventy five percent are professional Volunteers) assists the Sisters of the Good Shepherd in carrying out its mission.
- Christian love, hope and peace are at the heart of all that is the DeNeuville Learning Center.
- We value education as a means to reach one's full potential and as an important tool in making positive choices.
- We celebrate the diversity represented in the participants, Staff, and Volunteers.
- We believe that the programs provided by the DeNeuville Learning Center promote justice and peace in our community.
- We strive to meet all those who enter our doors with compassion and hope for reconciliation.
- We value each person we serve and the unique set of needs, desires, dreams and goals that they bring to our table.